Freeradius w/ FreeIPA and DUO 2FA

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:41:45 CEST 2019

On 25 Jul 2019, at 00:59, Andrew Meyer via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I need some guidance on my setup.  I currently have a FreeIPA intallation setup as my LDAP database.  Currently I am trying to test using a 3rd party 2FA with it.   Currently I have FreeRADIUS setup on a server and connected to FreeIPA.  My question is, would I set this up similar to the way I would if it were a doing Wireless authentication?
> In other words would I set up FreeRADIUS with EAP-TTLS?
> I am following this - Using FreeIPA and FreeRadius as a RADIUS based software token OTP system with CentOS/RedHat 7 - FreeIPA

IIRC, FreeIPA when configured to use an external authenticator, only supports the use of that authenticator using Kerberos, not LDAP.

"	• Note that this applies for kerberos authentications only. When using RADIUS mode, LDAP binds will still require the single factor configured for the user in LDAP and will not reference the RADIUS second factor at all."

You may have some luck using rlm_krb5.

Adam Bishop

jisc.ac.uk