MSCHAP Issues

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Sat Jul 27 19:03:28 CEST 2019

On 27.07.19 01:20, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   I suspect what's happening is that SQL contains the user name as "54:72:4F:69:14:B1", and not as "54-72-4F-69-14-B1'".

And to spare Jim countless hours of debugging: It is *not* a good idea
to use unlang to change the User-Name attribute when using MSCHAP,
because it will (again) cause the handshake to fail.

The better way (in my experience) is to use an unlang policy to rewrite
the User-Name into a new internal attribute and use that in your SQL
queries.

Since you seem to be dealing with MAC addresses as User-Name, you can
use the existing rewrite_calling_station_id policy as inspiration.

Grüße,
Sven.