Custom Variables

Gabriel Marais gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:58:28 CEST 2019

Hi guys,

I am trying to create the following config file, per "apn" and have it
$included as config files to load on start :-

-- snip --
apn = imobile

realm "${apn}" {
         acct_pool = pool."${apn}"
}

(line 7)home_server_pool pool."${apn}" {
         type = load-balance
         home_server = home1.example.com
         virtual_server = virtual."${apn}"
}

I'd like to define a variable called "apn" and have it referenced
elsewhere in the config file.

I am getting this error upon start-up though:-

Error: /etc/freeradius/3.0/proxy-conf/imobile[7]: Parse error after
"apn": unexpected token "}"

I have tried several ways of writing the variable on line 7 - with
quotes, without quotes, single quotes, etc. but I can't get it working..

Thanks, Gabriel