Port/mac/IP authentication, authorization, auditing. Is it possible ?

CpServiceSPb cpservicespb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 18:27:49 CEST 2019

> You are asking the wrong people here. Go ask your switch vendor to send
> an IP address as part of the authentication. Please make sure to forward
> a copy of their response to this list.

I understand it.

And along to it I started some ight duscussion of one of switch
(amanged one) representatives to add such funtional for it.

And I asked this quiestion here because this case is two side - server
(Freeradius) and switch where server send out simply "yes" or "no"
that is
it gives an order to a switch "yes" or "no" and a switch simply
ececute it - to allow or to deny access.
And if such functional is at switch but is not at server (Radius) , it
will not work at all.

That is if switch is able to send port:mac:IP but Freeradius can not
accept of such data and can not further handle it in a right way, such
functinality will not work.

One more, I tried to ask both "sides" - server developers/community
and switch maker (one of brand) personell as well.