Is there way to convert output octets and input octets to KB

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 16 13:16:59 CEST 2019

On Jun 15, 2019, at 4:49 PM, Mustafa Nassir <mustafa.n.gaid at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I say from title is there any way to convert output and input octets to
> KB because I have small problem when I add to mysql value with 12 number in
> radtest I get small error it's give me the result just 10 number and note
> what I insert in SQL , I insert I SQL 10737418240 to limit my users 10 GB
> for total octets but in radtest I get other result but if I add 10 8 number
> I get same number in result any help for this ?

  That's a rather confused question.  From what I can tell, there are a few issues.

  One is that you can't use Acct-Input-Octets or Acct-Output-Octets to hold more than 4G of data.  Those attributes are defined to be 32 bits.  For larger counters, see Acct-Input-Gigawords.  Which is defined to be the number of times Acct-Input-Octets has rolled over 4G.

  The default SQL schema allows FreeRADIUS to store more than 4G of counters in the DB.  The default SQL queries use both  Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Input-Gigawords to calculate the correct 64-bit values to store in SQL.

  So that should work.

  It also looks like you're trying to *limit* user downloads via some attribute.  You say:

>  I insert I SQL 10737418240 to limit my users 10 GB
> for total octets

  Which is vague to the point of uselessness.  WHERE in SQL do you insert these values?

  If you're trying to enforce download limits on users, this isn't part of standard RADIUS.  You cannot put Acct-Input-Octets into an Access-Accept, and expect that the NAS will enforce that.  You have to read the NAS documentation to see (1) if the NAS is capable of this, and (2) which vendor-specific attributes to use.