Exec-Program-Wait not working

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 22:24:12 CEST 2019

Il giorno mer 19 giu 2019 alle 22:13 Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
ha scritto:

> [...]
> > then I still need to invoke the external program only for some selected
> > users.
>
>   You've already said that.  I already gave you suggestions for how else
> to do it.
>
>   Your response was essentially "not going to do that.  Not going to try
> to understand how to do it".
>
> > To avoid you being so acid
>
>   You are entirely too sensitive.  I gave you technical answers to
> technical questions.  I pointed out how you were essentially lying to us
> about the problem you're trying to solve.  I suggested that better
> behaviour on your part would be productive.
>
>   Instead of learning, you reply by whining about how mean I am.  That is
> completely unprofessional and childish.  Stop it.
>
> > (I don’t really understand why, I was quite
> > polite I think),
>
>   Superficially polite, but also refusing to follow advice.  Which is rude.
>
> > you’ve told me how to call Exec-Program-Wait, with := and
> > on the first line as a check item. I’ve told you that it is not invoked
> > even when I do that. Can you explain me why?
>
>   <shrug>  You're probably using an old version, or something else is
> happening.
>
> > Where should I check if there is an error?
>
>   It's Open Source.  You have to source.  Track it down, and supply a
> patch to fix the bug.
>
> > Is there some different requirement compared to previous
> > versions of freeradius server? I think you can answer me even without
> > further details on this point.
>
>   I've already answered that.  Read my messages.
>
> > We’re in an open source community where everyone should help the others
> if
> > the others are polite and correct.
>
>   AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.  AND READ THE DOCUMENTATION.
>
>   When you say "nah, I'm not going to do that", it's rude.  Which isn't
> polite.
>
> > I think I’ve been both, so I don’t
> > really understand why you answered in such a bad way.
>
>   I can't explain your failure to understand.  I've explained myself
> repeatedly.  My "bad way" of answering is honest frustration at *you*, who
> is making it as difficult as possible for me to help you.
>
>   This is Open Source.  You're not paying for support.  Don't complain
> about the answers you get for free.
>
>   If it's a bug, you have access to the source.  Track it down and fix
> it.  If you're not willing to do that, then the "community" aspect you
> talked about is bullshit.  For you, there is no community.  Only others
> helping you for free, while you refuse to do anything yourself.
>
>   I've seen this attitude a lot over the past 20+ years in the open source
> community.  The people complaining the loudest about others are the ones
> who (a) refuse to follow instructions, and (b) refuse to contribute.
>
>   I'll make it simple: follow instructions, read the docs, and you will be
> able to fix the problem.  Keep complaining about how mean we are for
> helping you, and you will be banned from the list.

Some answers:
- I will go through the docs and the help about exec module and other
things you’ve suggested, I’m not one that don’t follows your advices, I’ve
said that without any reason
- I’ve asked about hints about why exec-program-wait does not work and the
only answer is probably is a bug related to an old version, I just hoped
you gave me some hints about further points to check. I don’t know if
you’ve ever worked in a Gdpr/pci-Dss/etc compliant company, ve are using
the latest version available on our red hat enterprise servers, we can not
instal the latest development release
- I’m not childish, maybe you are, looking at your answers
- you keep asking me while I repeat myself, I did it simply because the
workaround you’ve suggested me simply to not implement the authentication
flow I’ve explained
- have you ever have a look at the other open source communities? About how
experts help and answer to problems?

Have a nice day/night
   Gianni

--