clarification on eap configuration files and certificates

Marco Santantonio marco.santantonio at unito.it
Thu Jun 20 11:06:59 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I have one last doubt on the subject. As I said, we use certificates issued
by a public CA (Digicert). In the certificates chain that I insert in the
certificate_file should i also enter the root CA or, being this public and
recognized, do I expect the clients to know it already? Does leaving the CA
root in the chain not increase packet exchange with probable longer
round-trip times and therefore slower authentications?

Many thanks!

Marco