UDP Lost Packets

Oscar oscar at jofre.com
Sat Mar 9 10:01:00 CET 2019

Hi,

At the moment I have arroung 1.000 mikrotik routers with hotspot using
freeRadius as auth and account.

The radius server is on AWS Frankfurt and most of the clients are working
ok.

But there are some (10 or so) cliens that are losing always udp packets and
arround 10% of request are lost. And also

Form this locations some days the lost packets from that lacations increase
to 100% .

I can solve this routing the radius to a VPN directly from the router to the
radius server and the 0% of lost packets.

I've found this doc:

 <https://www.rfc-editor.org/pdfrfc/rfc6613.txt.pdf>
https://www.rfc-editor.org/pdfrfc/rfc6613.txt.pdf

And I really sure that the problem is that on some clients the packets are
lost probably by the fragmentation of the udp packet that get lost.

And when the ISP from that clients update, or change or noone knows why the
result is that our upd radius packets are all lost.

Anyone know if there is something I can do to improve this ? I've tried to
change MTU on mikrotik but not success.

Thanks,