systemctl start-up not working correctly

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Mar 13 15:36:00 CET 2019

> On Mar 13, 2019, at 3:10 AM, Andreas Schindler <andreas.schindler at schindlerman.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Jim,
>
> despite other posts, stating systmctl interface fore 3.0.18 is broken, here is my diagnosis:
>
> with the service definition below, systemd expects radiusd to trigger the watchdog every 60 sec.
> Radiusd obviously doesn't honor this (what exactly expects systemd to be done???)
> As a first measure, try and comment out at least the line
> --> WatchdogSec=60
> or better change the service type to a less sophisticated one (no notification)

Matthew Newton is one of the core developers of FreeRADIUS.

He authored a patch series which fixed the outstanding issues with systemd integration, one of which was the watchdog client not firing and informing systemd that the process was still alive.

If you want to contribute something useful to the discussion then confirm that v3.0.x HEAD works correctly with systemd in your environment.

-Arran