How to check logs

Tornóci László torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Fri May 3 15:30:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

I use freeradius to provide eduroam service for our university. It works
fine. My setup is pretty basic, with just a few changes from the
default. I am using EAP-TTLS with PAP in the inner tunnel.

Yesterday I got a complaint from a foreign user, he didn't get wifi
service with his usual settings. I looked for the logs under radacct/ in
the folder with the IP of the NAS. I have 'auth-detail', 'pre-proxy',
'post-proxy' and 'reply-detail'. I was able to find logs of his packages
in auth-detail and pre-proxy, but was unable to find out if I got any
reply. I can link logs of packets between 'auth-detail' and 'pre-proxy',
and also between 'post-proxy' and 'reply-detail', but I couldn't find a
way to see which reply-detail packets correspond to any one in
auth-detail. Is that possible? If yes, how? If not, what should I do to
be able to track reports like that without running the server in debug mode?

Laszlo