hex:attribute-name behavior is changed

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu May 9 21:41:14 CEST 2019

> On 9 May 2019, at 04:57, Chaigneau, Nicolas via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I've just opened an issue that looks very similar, this is probably the same:
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/2672

No, nothing to do with that.

It's an intended change.

Virtually every xlat expansion that previously took references now uses nested expansions instead, the notable exceptions are debug_attr and tag, but tag will probably go away soon, as we'll no longer support for <attr>:<tag> syntax and replace it with something more sane.

xlats now work with boxed values and not strings, so there's no benefit to them using attribute references anymore when we can just return the boxed value from the pair instead.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team