systemd watchdog start-up not working correctly on Sabayon/Gentoo

Daniele Rondina geaaru at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:41:27 CEST 2019

Hi,
I found the issue.
I think that is wrong use:
sd_notify(0, "READY=1")
only if daemonize is active.
Normally with systemd you run process without daemonize or it depend of
the type of the systemd service. But in this case with Type=Notify is
not needed  (IIRC) .
If I move sd_notify(0, "READY=1") before if (main_config.daemonize)
systemd service starts correctly.
I will prepare a patch for the Gentoo guys until the next release.