Migrating FR3 instance

Ted Hyde (RSI) thyde at rndstudio.com
Fri Nov 1 21:22:30 CET 2019

Greets - I would like to migrate a test platform I have in a VM (FR3
3.0.12 on Debian 9) to a bare-metal deployment of same, but keep the
client certificates as used in the VM instance. The bare-metal version
already has other things installed, including a clean copy of FR3, so
it's not as easy as simply imaging the appliance back to bare-metal. I
am using eap-tls auth for a NAS, and wireless clients already have both
the ca certificate and client certificates installed on them and
functional. Given that this is a bare-metal install target that still
has the snakeoil/testing certificates installed, is there a
preferred/working method to copy the existing certs across and not
destroy the entire system in the process? I expect I will have to copy
the .cnf files for some items, but how does the ca structure (since I
*think* I am also using CA validation in my eap module) get copied over?

Thanks,

Ted.