EAP-TLS and IOS 13

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Nov 4 22:33:33 CET 2019

[Replying direct, so as not to clutter the list/thread.]

Ted - I'm probably hours to a day or two from trying to setup the same on a fleet of iPads.

Given the back-and-forth, I'm not at all clear what the "solution" is.
I'd be eternally grateful if you'd post a summary of the issues, especially once you fix them, to the list. :)

It doesn't sound like we really understand all the issues with certs
[2 years lifetime limit, really? - My certs generally have 10y lifetimes! I don't want to push new certs to all the ipads in two years!] - but again, as it becomes clear, it would be a super big help to me. [I'm certainly fluent on istuff - but it's often weird and hard to figure out how to make it work on both Windows and iOS/MacOS - at least without generating certs/keys in formats specially for Apple stuff. [p12's for example]

[I use GNUTLS for CA/cert/key generation - so I'll have to find a way to do it there, or use openssl - we'll see.]

Anyway - Thanks in advance!

-Greg