How to get current datetime in freeradius?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 15 02:50:41 CEST 2019

On Oct 14, 2019, at 4:03 PM, Houman <houmie at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are only two issues, I wanted to discuss here with the group:
>
> 1) Is there a way to send a custom message to the NAS when a disconnect
> based on the custom condition happens? This way the user is not wondering
> why he keeps getting disconnected but gets to know the real reason behind
> it.

  No.  There is no ability in RADIUS to send custom messages in a Disconnect-Request packet.  Even if there was, the underlying protocols (PPP, EAP, etc.) usually don't provide for messages on disconnect.

> 2) Even though I have added the condition to "authorize", "accounting" and
> "preacct" sections, the initial disconnect attempt remains unresponsive.

  Read the debug log to see why.

> (11) Sent Disconnect-Request Id 221 from 0.0.0.0:48470 to 127.0.0.1:3799
> length 28
> (11)   User-Name = "houman"
> (11) Received Disconnect-NAK Id 221 from 127.0.0.1:3799 to 127.0.0.1:48470
> length 20

  The NAS sent a NAK.  Which meant that the NAS refused to disconnect the user.  Very likely because the attributes in the Disconnect-Request packet were not enough to identify the users session.

  What attributes *should* be in the Disconnect-Request?  The short answer is to read the NAS documentation.  Generally the best guess is the same session attributes which are in the Accounting-Request packets.

> Only after the 300 seconds pass (which is defined in Acct-Interim-Interval)
> the second disconnect attempt successfully disconnects the user.

  No.

> (13) Sent Disconnect-Request Id 103 from 0.0.0.0:48470 to 127.0.0.1:3799
> length 28
> (13)   User-Name = "houman"
> (13) Received Disconnect-NAK Id 103 from 127.0.0.1:3799 to 127.0.0.1:48470
> length 20

  The NAS sends a NAK again.

  The user might be disconnected at that time, but it has nothing to do with the Disconnect-Request packet that was sent.