What are the consequences of a low Acct-Interim-Interval?

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:28:11 CEST 2019

Thanks for the explanation, Alan.

The benefit for 15s would be to identify users that have overstayed their
welcome and kick them out sooner.

preacct {
        update control {
            &Current-Timestamp := "%l"
        }
        update request {
            &Expires-Timestamp := "%{sql:SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP(expires_at)
FROM main_db.`user` WHERE main_db.`user`.username ='%{User-Name}'}"
        }
        if (&control:Current-Timestamp > &request:Expires-Timestamp) {
            update disconnect {
                    &User-Name = "%{User-Name}"

I suppose 300 seconds is still fair. Expired users can still enjoy their
stay for a few more minutes but get eventually disconnected.
Having said that my NAS works fine in the test environment with even 10
seconds. But I was worried that I'm overdoing it, hence I thought I
double-check with you here.

Thanks,
Houman