Many Mac Addresses to several Vlan ID's Authentication(Aruba Switch) - How to deploy?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 2 16:56:29 CEST 2019

On Sep 2, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Sabic, Enes <enes.sabic at bechtle.com> wrote:

> Where should I put ‚update reply {…..‘ you’ve wrote me, I mean which file is concerned ?

  The sites-available/default, in the "post-auth" section.  Just read that file top to bottom.  It is very instructive.

> What do you exactly mean with ‚right sql queries‘?

  I showed *sample* SQL queries.  But I don't know what you've called the table, columns, etc.  *You* have too come up with the correct SQL queries for any table you create on your system.

  Once that's done, you can use the query in FreeRADIUS.

> Will it be also ok to work with a $Include File /etc/raddb/mods-config/file/authorize? But I have to make a cronjob which stop/starts the radiusd every 5min  – that wouldn’t be a fine solution….

  You could put allowed MACs into the "authorize" file.  But if it's a simple mapping, maybe the "passwd" module would be simpler.  That has full documentation, too.

> P.S.: I’ve wrote you that I’m a pure beginner in Freeradius World 😉

  Everyone starts somewhere.