Configure Freeradius Server on a Synology NAS to Authenticate Cisco RV340 Users

Fajar A. Nugraha work at fajar.net
Wed Sep 4 11:41:00 CEST 2019

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:02 PM Levin, Vladimir <vladlevin at geo-logic.com> wrote:
> Is that correct?[]  Yes, that is absolutely correct.

You should use quoting when replying message, to make your replies
easier to read. e.g:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Quoted_line_prefix

> - you have no problem with potentially breaking (or voiding warranty)
> your synlogy nas[]  I don't have a problem with that.
> - you have access to command line[]  I do.
> - you are familiar with configuring software directly via command line[]  To a certain degree.
> - you can read (and implement) the docs[]  I guess that remains to be seen.
>
> As for "send radius attribute", if it were a normal freeradius
> installation with mysql backend, and the attribute is specific to each
> user, you probably need to add entries to radreply table, e.g.
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/SQL-HOWTO#populating-sql

You can try to follow the example then. Looking at
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/share/dictionary/radius/dictionary.rfc2865#L35
, the attribute name should be just what you wrote earlier: 'Class'.
Try adding it (or find the way to add it using synology gui) to
radreply table for your test user.

--
Fajar