Wrong account data ?

hjan at libero.it hjan at libero.it
Thu Sep 5 18:27:55 CEST 2019

Hi,
I've just setup DaloRadius with Freeradius 3.0.13 on CentOS 7.
Authentication and accounting works fine but I have "unreal" data under the traffic in online user page.

I've tried to enable acct_counters64 in /etc/raddb/sites-available/default but data is still unreliable, i.e for a session of about less than 5 minutes with a test notebook that does normal navigation the total data reported is
--
Upload: 10.82 Mb
Download: 3.53 Gb

MariaDB [radius]> select username,acctinputoctets,acctoutputoctets from radacct;
+--------------+-----------------+------------------+
| username | acctinputoctets | acctoutputoctets |
+--------------+-----------------+------------------+
| 2cd444b44931 | 3308575 | 3365338107 |
| 2cd444b44931 | 3328012 | 3397609046 |
| 2cd444b44931 | 3331570 | 3398069502 |
| 2cd444b44931 | 11309639 | 3781040457 |
| 38eaa785715f | 2088560876 | 3111861848 |

so daloradius calculation seems right assuming octets = bytes.

The NAS endpoint is a Cisco 2960 switch with a pretty straightforward configuration, does anyone have some suggestion on this ?

Regards,
Gianlu]{a