Problems on replying attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 21 20:09:43 CEST 2020

On Apr 21, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Marco Miglietta <marco.miglietta at unisalento.it> wrote:
> In the authentication process on my freeradius v3 server, I reply to user its IP address to access VPN (Framed-IP-Address vsa).
> Now, I have to assign different IP address depending on which NAS the user wants access to.

  Assign address from... where?  sqlippool?  Manually assigned address?

> Is there a simple solution that I'm not finding ?
> Can anyone tell me in what direction should I direct my studies ?

  The "unlang" policy language allows for full if / then / else checks.

  You can do something like:

	if (Packet-Src-IP-Address == 1.2.3.4) {
		... stuff ...
	}
	elsif (Packet-Src-IP-Address == 2.3.4.5) {
		... other stuff ...
	}

  But the best solution depends on what you want to do.  So please explain your requirements in detail.  It helps a lot.