Problem with EAP PEAP Authentication on freeradius 3.22

Gleb Lisikh in4bit.general at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:04:21 CEST 2020

Thanks Alan!

For the end system OS, I have no idea...  Meraki web-based dashboard has a
built-in test tool to validate RADIUS configuration. This is what I used to
check my setup so far, and haven't tried any "real" client
*Is there any way to see from the RADIUS server side what client is
doing/sending wrong/incorrectly?*

Meraki does have a set of instructions on how to configure freeRADIUS to
work with Meraki EAP-TLS authentication, but those seem to be dated as I
could not even find ./etc/freeradius/eap.conf  file that they suggest to
edit.
https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Freeradius%3A_Configure_freeradius_to_work_with_EAP-TLS_authentication

*Perhaps you can help me to translate those instructions into 3.022 version
terms and files to edit?*

*And lastly, is there anything that had to be done in principle to enable
EAP-TLS on the server irrespective of the client behaviour?*

Thanks a lot again!

Gleb