Accept any request using freeradius.db

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 28 16:48:50 CEST 2020

On Apr 28, 2020, at 10:40 AM, Yağız Önen <yagonen78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to accept all incoming requests using freeradius.db. SQL is
> connected to freeradius and working fine. I added an entry in radcheck
> table:
>
> DEFAULT | Auth-Type        | := | Accept
>
> However, I cannot get Accept-Accept.

  There's no DEFAULT in the SQL database.  Check the documentation to see how the module works:

https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql

  You need to configure it as described in the documentation.  DEFAULT won't work.

   And to be honest, you really shouldn't be putting a "catch-all" DEFAULT into a database.  That's not what databases are for.

   If you have a bunch of users in the database, and want something to happen when there's no match do:

	sql
	if (notfound) {
		update control {
			Auth-Type := Accept

  i.e. put bulk data into the database.  That's what it's for.  Put policies and if / then / else statements into "unlang"