eap: The RADIUS client has mangled the State attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 29 18:25:58 CEST 2020

On Apr 29, 2020, at 12:21 PM, Kyle Keilson <kkeilson at ringling.edu> wrote:

> I’ve installed CentOS 8 with FreeRadius 3.0.17 and encountering an issue with eap proxied requests. When a client is proxied to another server, the EAP response is:
>
> eap: The RADIUS client has mangled the State attribute, OR you are forcing EAP in the wrong situation
>
> I’ve also noticed that the username from the EAP request is filtering out the suffix before proxying to another server. Any thoughts on why this is occurring?

  Because you configured it to do this.  That isn't the default configuration.

  In order to see *why* this is happening, read the debug output.

> Below is the output from radiusd -X command:

  That isn't helpful.  See the docs:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  We need to see the debug when the server is processing packets.  Nothing else will help.