FR 3.0.21 : Failed adding proxy socket: Too many open sockets

Arnaud LAURIOU arnaud.lauriou at renater.fr
Tue Aug 18 15:19:51 CEST 2020

Hi,

We are upgrading our eduroam proxy server to FR 3.0.21. We have ~550
clients and home_server.

When we start FR, it seems that the number of udp socket keep increases,
we have a lot of log
lines like :
Info:  ... adding new socket proxy address * port 50740

Until this one :
Error: Failed adding proxy socket: Too many open sockets

Then, some proxied requests are still working fine but other ones (new
ones which need a
new socket ?) are rejected :
(365476) Tue Aug 18 15:05:46 2020: ERROR: proxy: Failed allocating Id
for proxied request

With netstat or lsof, udp sockets are opened but not so many :
$ lsof -p <freeradius_pid> | grep UDP | wc -l
259

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

Regards,

Arnaud Lauriou