FR 3.0.21 : Failed adding proxy socket: Too many open sockets

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 20 16:54:55 CEST 2020

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Arnaud LAURIOU <arnaud.lauriou at renater.fr> wrote:
> I have a few questions for which I haven't found answer yet :
> Is there good tuning practices ?

  Set it to a value which is reasonable.  What "reasonable" means depends on your situation.

  i.e. a busy server may *normally* have thousands of packets outstanding.  A small server may normally have 10 packets outstanding.

> Is this counter reset ? For example :
> - If a home_server is temporarly dead, is his value reset when it comes alive again ?

  If the home server is dead, then it has no outstanding packets.  And therefore the outstanding packet counter is zero.

> - If a home_server reaches this counter limit, how long will it be unused ?

  Until it either responds to packets (which lowers the outstanding counter), or it is marked as dead (which sets the counter to zero).

  i.e. it does what makes sense.