[FreeRadius] Mac Authen with Centos

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 9 15:38:43 CET 2020

On Dec 9, 2020, at 6:12 AM, yesi <yesi at posteo.net> wrote:
> From the Huawei switch, a test with a test user "bob" is OK. In the debug mode, "radiusd -X", we see the packets. When a machine tried to connect to the switch, in the debug mode, "radiusd -X", there is no message. There are no packets from the capture on the radius server when : tcpdump -vnni ens160 src "port 1812 or port 1813" tcpdump -vnni ens160 src "host b.b.b.b or host c.c.c.c"

  Then the problem is the switch.  It's not sending packets.  So no amount of poking FreeRADIUS will change anything.

> For the Huawei Network engineer, the conf on the switch is ok...

  It's not.

  I mean, this isn't difficult.  The switch is supposed to send packets for MAC auth.  But the switch does NOT send packets for MAC auth.  So... the switch is broken.

> I have no idea where to look at.

  The switch.