warning? about attr_filter for default Debian configs

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Dec 10 20:51:28 CET 2020

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the prompt reply (as always!)

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 1:01 PM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2020, at 1:58 PM, Matt Zagrabelny via Freeradius-Users <
> freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> >
> > On a default debian install of freeradius there is some yellow text when
> > running the server in debug (-X) mode:
>
>   It's a warning, not an error.

Agreed. I am just trying to eliminate warnings as that seems like a
sensible policy for one's life.

> > Here is the contents of access_reject:
>
>   Really?
>
>   I have _never_ understood the idea behind posting default configuration
> files to the list.  It's not like we're unaware of the contents.

Wasn't sure if the deb package had different contents from what gets
shipped in the source tarball. Sorry about the noise. I'll check next time.

> > I'm afraid I don't know what to modify to eliminate the warning.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
>   Warnings are not errors.  Ignore them.

I'm okay with ignoring warnings. But warnings in default config files seems
a little curious.

Cheers,

-m