core dumps not working on FreeBSD host

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Wed Feb 5 14:25:48 CET 2020

Dear list,

since upgrade from 3.0.19 to 3.0.20 I am occasionally getting errors
like this one:

pid 23749 (radiusd), jid 1, uid 133: exited on signal 11

This issue is somehow related to network / connectivity problems and
looks like quite a new problem (I have not seen this in 3.0.19 and
earlier releases). It can't be easily triggered, so I am searching for
the culprit. To find it I have tried to enable core dumps on FreeBSD for
radiusd but without success. I have set allow_core_dumps = yes in
radiusd.conf file. Also these sysctls are set:
kern.sugid_coredump=1
kern.coredump=1
kern.corefile=/tmp/%N.%P.core

There is no problem with getting core dumps for other daemons running on
this host, also those running with suid/sgid enabled like bind or nsd,
so the issue looks more like daemon related problem than OS problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Marek Zarychta