Authorization Computers using MAC address

James Ngo james.ngobui at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 04:14:05 CET 2020

Hello everyone,

So I have already setup the Freeradius server, authenticate WIFI users using
username and password. All working smoothly so far.

Our office also have about 5 desktop computers, sharing the same EdgesSwitch

How could I go about authorizing only our office computers using its MAC
addresses? This is to prevent outside guests/visitors plug our LAN cables to
their laptops

I see in the "radcheck", there is "attribute" for user/password is
"Cleartext-Password" when using username/password. Can I change this to
something that accommodate MAC address? Or I have to come up with a complete
new setup?

Thank you very much for your helps

Kind regards

James