[EXT] How make freeradius - rlm_exec run multithreaded?

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Fri Jan 10 22:16:53 CET 2020

Ryan Allen <ryanallenemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> In FreeRadius, we are trying to use rlm_exec to call an external
> script in a multithreaded fashion, but once "exec" is called, it
> blocks other requests and only processes one request at a time.  We
> need to support multiple users signing in at the same time.  How can
> we make this multithreaded/multiprocessed?

I was under the impression it already did by virtue of each request being
handled by a worker thread.

Things to check:

A) have you reduced your thread pool for some reason or are you
running in a single threaded debug mode?

B) Are you sending a bunch of the same requests with the
same sequence numbers... FreeRADIUS might think your requests
are retransmissions rather than new requests.  Check the logs.