EAP stress testting

Jouni Malinen jkmalinen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:47:52 CET 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:47 AM work vlpl <thework.vlpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to do a stress test of my Freeradius setup with EAP
> connections. radclient tool support arguments that allow to send many
> packets/request per second, but eapol_test tool does not support it.
> So to simulate may EAP connections/request per second I am starting
> many eapol_test processes in parallel. It kinda works, but I wonder if
> there is a better tool to do that.

I've used a python script to control multiple eapol_test processes through
their control interface (i.e., run multiple EAP sessions through each
process and add as many processes as you want to see parallel sessions).
This seemed to work reasonably well and it should be straightforward to
modify the example python script if you want more control on authentication
rate, etc.

https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=8493fe34579415da546cde637c95da1cb979eb03

- Jouni