In freeradius rlm_exec - How keep "\n" newline in messages

Ryan Allen ryanallenemail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:32:24 CET 2020

So in freeradius (version 3.0.19), we are using rlm_exec to call an
external shell script.  The script sends all responses to standard out
(which gets returned back to freeradius), and that is working, but if
we put the "\n" newline character in our messages, that newline is
getting removed.  We use "\n" to format some messages for the end
user.

Is there any way to create messages that keep the newline character?

Thank you for your help!
Ryan