How to connect to PAP or how to use PEAP with Google LDAP?

Mathias Maes mathias.maes at maerlantatheneum.be
Thu Jan 16 15:06:04 CET 2020

Hello

I have set up freeradius with the simple tutorial found on Google help
pages about their Secure LDAP:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/9089736?hl=en&ref_topic=9173976

I followed all steps, freeradius starts, I get Access-Accept responses when
I use the radtest tool. Perfect!

Although, when trying to connect to an AP with an Android device, I can
only connect with an EAP protocol, PAP seems to be unavailable.

This is a problem, as other protocols encrypt the password (TTLS + PAP) for
example shows no User-Password field in the incoming request. So freeradius
can't handle the request because Google really needs that unencrypted
User-Password field.

So, how do I connect with an Android device with the PAP protocol the
server needs after following that Google tutorial, or is there a way to let
Freeradius decrypt the password and pass it to Google?

Thanks for any insights, I'm pretty new with this.

Mathias Maes