Can I retrieve session logs not registered in radacct?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jan 19 14:36:34 CET 2020

On Jan 19, 2020, at 8:26 AM, CESAR MURILO DA SILVA JUNIOR <cesarsj at unipam.edu.br> wrote:

> Are sessions recorded in the detail logs only after being recorded in the
> radacct and radpostauth table?

  They're recorded in the order they occur in the config files:

	detail
	sql

  "detail" runs before "sql".

> I caused a lock on these tables and my boss
> asked me to retrieve the start and end times of the session by details, but
> there are only the records from before the transaction that caused the
> table locks.

  It's difficult to say what's going on with that little information.

  If the SQL database is locked, then the "sql" module will be unable to write records to it.  And then FreeRADIUS may end up locking, or dropping packets.

  Solution: don't take the SQL database down.