Strange behaviour

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 30 14:58:13 CET 2020

On Jan 30, 2020, at 7:16 AM, Ellad G. Yatsko via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I faced a strange problem while setting up PEAP/TLS with FreeRADIUS as a Proxy for Windows NPS (2012R).
>
> Wireless Client       -->>         AccessPoint -->>   FreeRADIUS    -->>    NPS
> (iOS,Android,Win)         Cisco/Motorola/Unifi           Ubuntu 16.04        Win2012R
>

> FreeRADIUS is set up and waiting for requests. When Wireless Client is trying to authenticate it seems
> FreeRADIUS tries to proxy request to NPS Request/Challenges begins and sometimes the process stucks
> in this exchange sometimes NPS and subsequently FreeRADIUS Access-Accepts and authenticates user.

  It's difficult to debug an issue which is described as "stuck".

> I supply relevant FreeRADIUS logs and I'm ready to provide configs and so on. May you help me to
> understand what's wrong with me?

  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  Please follow instructions when posting to the list.  We do NOT need to see configuration files.  We DO need to see debug output.

> FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.8

  Version 2 has been dead for many, many, years.  There really aren't any good reasons for using it.

  You should upgrade to version 3.