Question re. rfc6929 - examples section 9.1

robert.stannard at bt.com robert.stannard at bt.com
Thu Jul 9 13:42:42 CEST 2020

Hi Alan,

I hope you are well.

Could you please help me understand the example in section 9.1 (page 46) of rfc6929 the extract of which I have copied/pasted below.

9.1<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6929#section-9.1>.  Extended Type

(example 1)

Attribute encapsulating textual data:

     241.1 "bob"

       -> f1 06 01 62 6f 62

(example 2)

Attribute encapsulating a TLV with TLV-Type of one (1):

     241.2 { 1 23 45 }

       -> f1 07 02 01 04 23 45

I understand the example-1 fine - but my question is about example-2.

2/
a) in the sentence what does it mean TLV-Type of one (1) ?
b) do the values in {} represent type-length-data ?
c) f1 07 02 01 04 23 45
does this represent
f1=241 (=type),
07=length
02=extended-type, (as in the 2 in 241.2)
01=tlv-type?
04=length of tlv data ?
but 23 and 45 ? not sure

Thank you in advance for your help.