[SOLVED] Re: mschap configuration problem

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Wed Jul 15 12:48:29 CEST 2020

I have solved all my problems.

_Win7_
As supposed by Alan the problem was truly relative to the certificate;
the "unknown CA" means that the client can't get the CA certificate to
validate the certificate.
The problem was tied to the way I installed the certificate in win7.
Right button on the certificate and choose install certificate doesn't
works correctly even if on the client configuration settings I can find
the certificate installed.
In win7 to install a certificate you have to use mmc.exe[¹] or command
line[²] as suggested from L.P.H. van Belle.

No updates to the freeradius eap configuration file are needed relative
to tls version to use.

_WinXP_
In winXP it is needed to update ssl support. I have installed the
KB942288 and kb4019276 and update this registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001
I have installed the CA certificate in winxp using the mmc method[¹]

All works like a charm.

Thank you very much indeed to all

Piviul

[¹]