Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 15 23:13:36 CEST 2020

On Jul 15, 2020, at 5:05 PM, Maile Halatuituia <maile.halatuituia at tcc.to> wrote:
> Not quite sure what your comments are hhhmmmm sorry not quite catch up with these days joke .. 😊 ..

  The point is that you need to ask *good* questions.  The following is a *bad* question:

  "Hi, I want to do stuff.  How do I do it?"

> What I am trying to do is I already have this coming from my BNG (Note the Calling-Station-ID below is the User Phone Number configured on its MSAN port. I just want to do two things with that Calling-Station-ID
>
> 1. Just reply with Auth-Type = Accept just for test .
> 2. Secondly if the 1 above then maybe I will do further check between my Radius Server and our OSS billing system, for instance if the OSS  billing System return this particular phone is being temporary disconnect, then I would want Radius to return Reject as a reply to BNG therefore user got disconnect.

  FreeRADIUS includes extensive documentation on how it works, and how to configure it.  It does NOT include documentation on how to configure *your specific* situation.  Because there is a huge variety of possibilities, and it's just impossible to document them all

  Instead, we rely on users to read the existing documentation, and to ask good questions.  As with everything else, even this process is documented:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  When you join the mailing list, you get a reply message which tells you to read that page.  There is a large percentage of people who seem to think that it's not important to read documentation or follow instructions.  Those people tend to get very angry when told to read documentation and follow instructions.

  So read the documentation page above, and follow the instructions.  Ask GOOD questions.  For example, we have no idea what you mean when you say:

> if the OSS  billing System return this particular phone is being temporary disconnect

  How does the billing system do that?  How does FreeRADIUS talk to the billing system?

  We can't read your mind.  We're not psychics.

  If you want technical answers, then ask technical questions.  If you want vague, useless answers, then ask vague, non-technical questions.