Official plugin for Freeradius + OpenVPN?

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:18:48 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have been using Freeradius and Strongswan (eap-radius) for a few years
now and for the first time I'm trying to achieve the same thing with
OpenVPN instead.

Based on my research it seems that the recommended plugin is a decade old.

http://www.nongnu.org/radiusplugin/

It's hard to imagine that this wasn't updated for so long. Am I missing
something? Is there any official Freeradius plugin for OpenVPN?

I found this tutorial to be very promising
https://www.vpsserver.com/community/tutorials/17/authenticate-openvpn-clients-thru-the-freeradius-server/
but I thought I ask here first if someone has experience with this topic,
and I'm on the right path.

Many Thanks,
Houman