Freeradius and smsotp

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 27 14:13:14 CEST 2020

On Jul 27, 2020, at 2:48 AM, Milovan Kotlica <milovan.kotlica at hb.co.me> wrote:
> I have installed Freeradius 2.1.12 on Centos 6 and I use Thomas Glanzmann SMSOTP. Now I want to migrate that on Centos 8. I installed Freeradius 3.0.17 and same SMSOTP. When I login on vpn I first type username/password and after that smsotp pin.
> On new instalation I have issue with smsotp. My first login is OK and smsotp module creates and send smsotp pin. But after I type smsotp pin on vpn radius reject.

  The debug log shows that the smsotp module asks the smsotpd daemon if the code is correct, and the daemon returns FAILED.  So you'll have to figure out why that happens.

  To be honest, not many people use that module.  In v3, I suspect you could drop the module entirely, and just use rlm_rest to do all of the REST calls.

> smsotpd.pl scripts return wornings:
>
> Subroutine _call redefined at (eval 155) line 30.
> Subroutine SendSMSExtService::want_som redefined at (eval 155) line 73.
> Subroutine AUTOLOAD redefined at (eval 155) line 90.
> Subroutine SendSMSExtService::SendSMSExt redefined at (eval 155) line 88.
> Server session encountered read error 104: Connection reset by peer
> Server session encountered read error 104: Connection reset by peer

  You've managed to corrupt the smsotpd.pl script.  Likely by putting two copies of it in the same file.

> p.s. In attach is last part of Freeradius debug.

  Is it really that difficult to read the documentation and follow instructions for posting the debug log?

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  People who read the documentation and follow instructions tend to find solutions.  People who ignore the documentation don't.