I would like to ldap bind with username instead of DN

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Sun Jun 21 22:04:04 CEST 2020

On 21/06/2020 16:34, Wessel Louwris wrote:
>>   I asked you to post the FULL debug output.  You didn't do that.  The documentation says DON'T post configuration files.  You did that.
>
> This is the output from freeradius -f -X

We got so fed up with people posting small chunks of debug output with
useful information missing that we created a wiki page with information
on what to post and how to get it. And, in so many cases, even after
having been given a link to that very page the wrong information is posted.

There's even a heading "Full server debug output" and important things
highlighted in bold, and a section "Getting debug output" which tells
you how to get everything and what to post, and an example of what's good.

Not really sure how much clearer it could be? What should be updated on
that page to make it easier to understand? (Legitimate question - if
it's not clear, it needs updating so that people understand it.)

--
Matthew