random SIGSEGV after upgrade to 3.0.20

Ferdinand Goldmann Ferdinand.Goldmann at jku.at
Tue Mar 3 16:11:58 CET 2020

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Matthew Newton wrote:

> Could you try the latest v3.0.x HEAD? There's at least one fix that
> went in which I think could be related.

I compiled the latest v3 branch version:
# /opt/sbin/radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.21 (git #395a247c4), for host x86_64-unknown-freebsd11.3, built on Mar  2 2020 at 14:51:03

It has been running on one production server since yesterday without any
problems whatsoever, roughly +24 hours by now. I deliberately removed
the 'status_check = status-server' statements from the configuration
which we used to mitigate the previous crashes.

Since after the switch to 3.0.20 both production servers started crashing
within hours while this one has now been running for over a day without a
crash it seems the bug is fixed.

Regards,
Ferdinand
--