DHCP configuration using freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 10 17:07:24 CET 2020

On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:18 AM, kabin mool <kabin_mool at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Initially I started with the small configuration using client.conf and user.conf and my authorization is working then I integrate with mysql database and it is working as well now .

  That's good.

> Sent Access-Request Id 193 from 0.0.0.0:45678 to 192.168.100.73:1812 length 75
>        User-Name = "kabin"
>        User-Password = "kabin"
>        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
>        NAS-Port = 1001
>        Message-Authenticator = 0x00
>        Cleartext-Password = "kabin"
> Received Access-Accept Id 193 from 192.168.100.73:1812 to 0.0.0.0:0 length 20

  OK, but that's not DHCP.

> Now, i want to try dhcp static IP assignment whenever this user is used.

  I think you're confused here.

  FreeRADIUS can do IP assignment.  It can do this in RADIUS.  It doesn't need DHCP.  It can just return Framed-IP-Address in a RADIUS packet.

  As a *completely seperate* step to RADIUS authentication, FreeRADIUS can also receive DHCP packets.

  Is this what you want?

  Because you've spent a lot of time *not* explaining what you want.  *Not* explaining what you did.  Which is frustrating, and wastes everyones time.

> I am using this document :  https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/dhcp-for-static-ip-allocation#let-s-start_prepare-mysql-database
>
> guide/dhcp for static ip allocation - FreeRADIUS<https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/dhcp-for-static-ip-allocation#let-s-start_prepare-mysql-database>
> Why using Freeradius as a DHCP instead of the traditional ISC DHCP server?-Because it has the possibility to manage IP's configuration of each host directly from a DB, while ISC only accepts text archives.
> wiki.freeradius.org

  Why copy the Wiki text to the mailing list?  We've seen that.  It doesn't help.

> I using centos and this document is for ubuntu and got confused on
>
> [cid:5eb5fc0f-68ce-4b1a-9b96-ec1a1afbdb20]

  That looks like some local link.  Don't post images to the mailing list.  It's a waste of time.  If you have questions about a document, post TEXT.

> Can you help me on this ?

  I'm trying, but you're not making it easy.

  Describe what you want to do.  So far all I know is that you're confused about just about everything.