Not able to enable/install extension module python with freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 7 13:53:41 CEST 2020

On May 7, 2020, at 4:44 AM, Tara Khoiwal (tkhoiwal) via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I could resolve my previous issue where server was not coming up completely. There were few configs in eap module which I disabled, and it worked fine.

  That isn't helpful.  There is nothing in the default configuration which causes the server to hang at startup.

  And if you want issues with the server to be fixed, you have to *describe* what you did.  "I changed stuff and it now works" isn't good enough.  WHAT did you change?

> Now I am facing issue with python module load. It is giving following error:
>
> Python version: 2.7.5 (default, Apr  2 2020, 13:16:51)  [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39)]
>
> python_function_load - Module 'example' not found
>
> <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> (No module named example)
>
> python_function_load - Failed to import python function 'example.post_auth'
>
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/python[9]: Instantiation failed for module "python"
>
> I have attached complete debug logs of server. Any pointers/suggestions to resolve this issue would be great help.

  Reading the debug log shows this:

  	python_path = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-config/python"

  So... is the "example.py" file in that location?