Bulk and Active leasequeries

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 28 15:16:17 CEST 2020

On May 28, 2020, at 8:45 AM, Ivane Porchkhidze <ivporchkhidze at silknet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> This is my first letter to this mailing list and I apologize in advance for possible errors in the format or content of the letter.
> Brief introduction, our subscribers (GPON, aDSL) receive IP addresses from DHCP server (FreeRADIUS 3.0.14 + MySQL 5.7) in accordance with opt82. In the case of aDSL, there is also a RADIUS server (same FreeRADIUS 3.0.14 + MySQL 5.7), which sends to cisco ISG policie for customer according to ip address.
> Everything worked just fine until arrival of BNG from Juniper. This device requires Bulk and Active  leasequeries.
> After several days of searching in google, I got the impression that this is not supported in version 3.0.x? Or am I doing something wrong? What about 4.0.0?

  The default config in v3 has examples of DHCP lease query.  See sites-available/dhcp:

dhcp DHCP-Lease-Query {
	#  The thing being queried for is implicit
	#  in the packets.

	# has MAC, asking for IP, etc.
	if (&DHCP-Client-Hardware-Address) {
		# look up MAC in database
	}

  This might not be in 3.0.14.  But you can always download the latest packages from http://packages.networkradius.com

  v3 definitely doesn't support bulk lease queries over TCP.  v4 doesn't either, but it's relatively trivial to add TCP transport for DHCPv4.  Adding support for bulk lease queries is a little more work, but not impossible.