Problem with MySQL and Accouting-On record

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 9 14:55:52 CET 2020

> On Nov 9, 2020, at 8:42 AM, Ángel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:
>
> 	Sorry... I was describing the config, I thought it would be enough. The whole config is:
>
> * this is the server config:

  Read this before doing anything else:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  The mailing list strips attachments which are "zip" files.  We don't need to see the server configuration.  And we REALLY don't need to see the default configuration files.  It's a mystery to me why people post the default configuration files to the list.  Do people think we haven't seen it before?

  We ask for the debug output because NOTHING else lets us figure out what the server is doing.  We put this recommendation _everywhere_, and still people don't follow it.  And people still don't understand _why_ it's necessary, despite all the documentation explaining it.

  20 years of writing documentation and having people ignore it will make anyone cranky.

  In short, post the debug output.  And when you need to fix an issue, _read_ the debug output.  It tells you exactly what the server is doing, and why.