Packet-Src-IP-Address Unknown attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 12 20:03:17 CET 2020

On Nov 12, 2020, at 7:51 AM, Onur GURSOY <onurgursoygyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> so freeradius didn't start.
> when i install activeperl which has include libperl.so,5.26
> I got error like this:
>
> /opt/sinecins/bin/freeradius/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail[34]: Failed
>> parsing expanded string:
>> /opt/sinecins/bin/freeradius/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail[34]:
>> ...reeradius/var/log/radius/radacct/%{%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}:-%{Packet-Src-IPv6-Address}}/det...
>> /opt/sinecins/bin/freeradius/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail[34]:

  You've helpfully edited the error messages so that they don't show the actual error.

  Don't do that.

  Most of the error messages are pretty clear, and self explanatory.  If you're not sure what they mean, post the error message to the list.  *All* of it.  Don't edit it to remove everything useful.

> But i remove perl module from mods-enable, freeradius begins.
>
> I couldn't understand clearly where is the relationship and error

  We can't either.  We need to see the *actual error*.  Not some edited version.

  And no, disabling Perl won't make the "detail" module work.  They're completely independent.

  If the server is actually complaining that Packet-Src-IP-Address is unknown, then you edited the dictionaries and broke the server.  Don't do that.