Create new accounting attributes

Juan Diego juandi_092 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:33:36 CET 2020

Hello everyone,

I am new to working with FreeRADIUS and would appreciate your help.
I would need to design new accounting attributes in a local environment,
using either radclient or radeapclient as the client.

As I have seen in the official documentation at
https://networkradius.com/doc/current/concepts/dictionary/purpose.html,
it is indicated that it is not necessary to modify the source code to
add new attributes. I am confused with this, how would the client/NAS
add the new accounting attributes to the radius package? Then, I
understand that it is necessary to have a dictionary where the new
accounting attributes appear so that the server can decode them.

Please, if you know of any guide to implement new accounting attributes
or what files need to be modified, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and regards,

John