Does Pam_Radius support Acct-Interim-Interval?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 1 13:44:37 CEST 2020

On Sep 1, 2020, at 4:27 AM, Mark Antony via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Now I understand the limitations. I noticed that whenever I make a new connection, rather than inserting a new row in Radacct it is updating the existing entry.

  i.e. it sends the same information every time.

> This makes the accounting useless. Unless I have somewhere a configuration mistake on my part, which I should investigate.

  What other information should it send to make each session unique?  Where would the PAM RADIUS module store any state?

  This isn't a matter of pointing out issues.  It's coming up with the technical solutions that will fix them.

> I also noticed the servicetype shows as Authenticate-Only instead of Framed-User.
>
> But as you say I may need to look for something else to get full-featured accounting on the users activity.

  You likely need to use a restricted shell which has accounting / auditing built-in.