EAP-TTLS works for MacOS supplicants but not Win10

Evan Sharp evan.sharp at coastmountainacademy.ca
Tue Sep 15 22:42:47 CEST 2020

Hi List,

This is my first message so please advise me of any participation gafs.

I have a working 801.2x wifi termination with Aruba APs binding Google LDAP
users via FreeRADIUS 3.0.21 using EAP-TTLS. It is only successful with
MacOS supplicants though. When I start debugging Windows 10 clients, the
connection fails somewhere.

Comparing debug outputs, the win10 exchange just seems to stop, with no
errors thrown, where the mac flow otherwise continues.

Pastebin of a successful bind (mac) <https://pastebin.com/wfpDxpMH>

Pastebin to a failed bind (win) <https://pastebin.com/BneBgPAN>

Although the users for testing are different, there is no explicit
Auth-reject to tell me that's the issue.

I'd be very grateful for help understanding what's going on!

Evan